Why was the event organised?
As investors ourselves we were never satisfied by the conferences and events we have been to. The topics were too theoretical, the actionable ideas were scarce, the speakers were inaccessible, or the networking opportunities were either few or not focused. We decided to do something about it! So Tim du Toit and I organized The Value Investor Seminar in 2016 in Nicosia, Cyprus. The event was supported by the CFA Society of Cyprus, and took place on September 29th and 30th 2016 at the Cleopatra Hotel in Nicosia.
Who came & What happened?
- Around 30 participants including fund managers, analysts, family offices, private investors, etc
- Attendees presented their top investment ideas from around the globe.
- 18 ideas presented with an average return of over 30% (Sept ’16 – May ’17)
- One-on-one with: Bob Robotti (CEO, Robotti & Company), Dr. Christos Patsalides (Deputy CEO, Bank of Cyprus).
- 2 buffet business lunches and Thursday night gala-dinner by the pool (included in the price)
- CLICK HERE TO SEE THE EVENT PROGRAMME FROM 2016 AND SPEAKER PROFILES
List of Participants:
Andreas Cleanthous, CFA Society
Arko Kadajane, Ambient Sound Investments (Estonia)
Argiris Fisou, Eurobank (Cyprus)
Bo Lindfors, Taurus Capital (Finland)
Bob Robotti, Robotti & Company (U.S.A.)
Charis Charalambous, Active Banking Fund (Cyprus)
Christos Patsalides, Bank of Cyprus (Cyprus)
Christos Spanos, CFA Society
Christina Varnava, Eurobank (Cyprus)
David Kessler, Robotti & Company (U.S.A.)
Diederik van Rappard, Capitalize B.V. (Netherlands)
Diego Moreno, Forum Family Office (Germany)
Dominic Fisher, Thistledown Investment Management (U.K.)
Evgeny Tarakanov, CFA Society
Florentzos Kassoumis, FAMco (Cyprus)
George Karatzias, Alter Domus (Cyprus)
Guy Mollet, Private Investor
Marios Andreou, Abacus (Cyprus)
Marios Stellakis, cdb Global Capital (Cyprus)
Pasi Havia, Helsinki Capital Partners, Finland
Pavel Begun, 3G Capital (Canada)
Peter Rodger, CFA Society
Raman Minhas, Private Fund (U.K.)
Samir Mohamed, Family Fund (Switzerland)
Simon Caufield, SIM Limited (U.K.)
Sophocles Sophocleous, FatAlpha (Cyprus)
Steve Gorelik, Firebird Management (U.S.A.)
Theodoros Costeas, CFA Society
Tim du Toit, Serendipity Ventures (Germany)
Vassos Kyprianou, Dimacos Capital (Cyprus)
Zenon Papafilippou, Bank of Cyprus (Cyprus)
What did it cost?
Participation cost EUR 247.
CFA Society of Cyprus: EUR 200
Special hotel rates started at EUR 80 per night.
Some of the presentations from the 2016 event: